I recently realised that I have published 500 posts on Girl with her Head in a Book.
I haven’t really been celebrating my blogging anniversaries but I felt like this one was just too significant a milestone to pass by unremarked.
Girl with her Head in a Book in Numbers:
Age: 3 years 7 months
Blogger followers: 61
Facebook subscribers: 265
Twitter followers: 193
Page views yesterday: 369
Page views last month: 11,174
Page views since 2011: 183,701
Comments received: 992
Review requests: Many
Most viewed post: Katherine, Anya Seton vs Katherine Swnyford, Alison Weir
Most commented on post: Top Ten Dystopian Novels
Most shared post: The Boy in Striped Pyjamas, John Boyne
Book Reviews: 276
Top Ten Tuesdays: 52
Saturday Poems: 53
Book Tubes: 7
Most exciting blogging moment: When Val McDermid tweeted that she liked my review of Northanger Abbey.
Worst blogger moment: When I got contacted by the Scientologists requesting a book review. I don’t do cults.
Spookiest blogger moment: When I met someone at a house-viewing who knew my blog but not me.
Five Facts About Me:
1) I love knitting and I recently joined in with the Oxford Drunken Knitwits – they meet in a pub every Wednesday and knit. It’s amazing.
2) I am addicted to Granny Smith Apples and don’t really feel awake until I’ve had one in the morning.
3) I have been collecting postcards since I was nine years old and have nearly papered my bedroom in them. It’s a bit odd.
4) I love Radio 4, the only soap opera I pay any attention to is The Archers and I think that Bleak Expectations, Cabin Pressure and Fags, Mags and Bags are the funniest sitcoms ever written.
5) I am a feminist and a Christian and I believe that the two are complementary rather than conflicting.
Goal for the blog moving forward: To calm down on the review copies and get back to the accusatory pile of books which glare at me from every available surface area of my room.
Thank you very much for everyone who has read, commented, sent review copies, emailed – here’s to the next 500!
Love from Girl with her Head in a Book